Tips for 'Application' and 'Log In' Sections
- If you are applying online today, please press the ‘Apply Online’ button on the computer screen. If you are logging in to your existing account, please select ‘Log On’.
- When asked, select the appropriate branch (this is the branch you will later be going to in person.)
- Go through the various sections until you reach the ‘Skills’ section (read #4 below for instructions regarding that).
- STOP - Skills Section: Select one skill and the number of years of experience you have in it. DO NOT click next. Instead, please select another category and skill and enter the number of years experience you have. Do this until all of your desired skills are entered. Even though you don’t see it, the system is keeping track of your entries. Only click ‘Next’ after you are done entering all skills.
- If you are having problems getting past the skills section (if it doesn't let you proceed), please click on some of the previous tabs, go back to the skills section, re-fill out your experience, and try proceeding again.
- Once this first part of your application is done, the office will be giving you a call the following business day.
Log In Section
- Once you’ve been directed to complete your documents by the branch, please click the ‘Log In’ button and input your username and password (decided by you in the previous section). If you have an issue logging in, please reach out to the branch.
- Once you are logged in, proceed to the eDocuments section. You may wish to use the documents ‘Wizard’ to guide you through all the various documents one by one.
- If you don’t want to fill out one of the documents yet, you can either select ‘Skip’ if you opened the Wizard, or you can simply ‘X’ out of the browser tab at the top of the screen.